Hey Mac gamers, about an year ago I wrote an article about, how to get Theme Hospital work on Mac OS X. Because that post is very old and things have changed, here is an updated how-to.
- Install Boxer.
- Move the extracted file to the Applications folder.
- Get a copy of the game. I just used a copy (ISO file) of my old cd.
- Open Boxer.
- Choose “Import a new game”.
- Throw the ISO file / disk drive from the Finder into the wizard, saying “Drop your game here.”
- Choose setup.exe (was default for me).
- Select a language.
- Set up your soundcard: Sound Effects => Creative Labs Sound Blaster or 100% Compatible; Music => Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16. (Choose automatic setup after each step).
- Install. Complete Installation.
- You will get asked, where you want to install the game. Just keep the default of C:\HOSPITAL.
- Wait until installation is done.
- You will now get thrown into a DOS environment. Boxer will ask you, if installation should be re-done or if everything works fine. Select: ‘Finish importing’. Now wait a bit until Boxer says “Congratulations”.
- Launch the game.
- You will be in a DOS environment again. Boxer will ask you, which file you want to open. Choose hospital.exe.
- Also choose ‘Launch every time’.
- If you quit the game again and re-run it, Boxer will now automatically run the right file.
I hope this works for all of you :) Have fun! (I also checked for save issues, but it worked without problems.)